Founded in 1973, Laxton Junior School is an integral part of The Corporation of Oundle School. It is a modern, purpose-built School, designed specifically to provide a first-rate education to children between the ages of 4 and 11.
The School is located within several acres of beautiful green-land in Oundle and whilst it benefits from its own sport pitches and facilities, it also makes the most of its links with Oundle School, including access to its extensive amenities.
Oundle School's history dates back to 1556 when Sir William Laxton, Master of the Worshipful Company of Grocers and Lord Mayor of London, endowed and re-founded the original Oundle Grammar School, of which he was a former pupil. In 1876, the Grocers' Company decided to divide Oundle School into two parts: Laxton Grammar School, mainly for the inhabitants of the town, and Oundle School, mainly for pupils from further afield. In the new millennium, the Governing Body decided to reunite the two schools under the common name of Oundle School, with Laxton as a House for day pupils.
Laxton Junior School moved to its current premises on East Road, Oundle in 2002 and presently has around 260 day pupils on its roll. Whilst it does not have the centuries of history afforded to Oundle School, it both celebrates and embraces the traditions, educational principles and values established by Sir William Laxton all those years ago.