Welcome From the Headmaster
I would like to offer you a very warm welcome to Laxton Junior School and I hope that our website provides you with a taste of all that we are able to offer your child.
Laxton Junior School was founded in 1973, our current purpose-built, award winning school premises was completed in 2002, after the need to expand was recognised by the Governing Body of Oundle School.This created greater opportunities for more children to benefit from all that Oundle School, Laxton (the day-house of Oundle School) and Laxton Junior can provide.
The aim of the School is to provide the best possible preparatory education in the area, where our pupils' strengths and areas for improvement are identified and nurtured, in order for them to become life-long learners.
Through the caring pastoral system and broad academic curriculum, the school lays solid foundations in the development of well-motivated, confident and happy children who are willing to give of their best on the road to high achievement. At Laxton Junior, it is recognised that children bring to the school a wide and colourful variety of experience and talent. We believe that, through building happy working relationships, each child is enabled to thrive both inside and outside the classroom.
Class sizes are small and, therefore, an individual pupil's contact time with the teaching staff is high, enabling the teachers to assess and develop strengths and areas for improvement to great effect.
Laxton Junior offers a wide variety of extra-curricular activities, where pupils are encouraged to express themselves through sports and hobbies. It is acknowledged that the importance of play cannot be stressed enough and we view it as a vital component to a rounded education, complementing the teaching and learning that occurs within the classroom.
Choosing your child's educational path depends on many factors Our website will answer a lot of your questions, but many more will be answered by a visit. Do come and talk to us. I will be delighted to show you around Laxton Junior School and take the time to discuss your child’s future.
Aims of the School:
Our charitable purpose is to provide, at the school, an education of the highest class.
- To have a non-selective intake at Reception
- To enable all children to reach their full academic potential
- To have a lively and happy ethos with good discipline based on a Christian framework of mutual respect, fostering children’s development through a broad, balanced and stimulating curriculum
- To encourage children as individuals to be as active, independent and ambitious as possible whilst monitoring development and providing support through a secure pastoral system
- To prepare each child for the appropriate senior school, be it Oundle, another school in the area or elsewhere